Your Happiest, Healthiest Teeth
The health of our teeth supports our sense of confidence, comfort, and overall wellbeing.
Regular cleanings—two cleanings a year—prevent cavities, fend off gum disease, and brighten your smile. Better still? Studies show that good oral health boosts the total health of our bodies and minds, even lowering our risk for certain diseases.
Why You’ll Love Regular Cleanings
- Plaque Removal. Plaque buildup (also known as calculus and tartar) eats away at tooth enamel and is the leading cause of the most common dental diseases. Regular dental visits give your teeth the professional deep cleaning they need to remove plaque buildup and prevent cavities, loss of tooth enamel (dental erosion), and periodontal (gum) disease.
- A Brighter Smile. Built-up stains dull and discolor our teeth, impacting our self-confidence and comfort showing our teeth. At each regular dental visit, your dental hygienist will lighten built-up stains by professionally cleaning and polishing your teeth.
- Health Boost. The health of our mouth is connected to our overall state of wellbeing. Studies show that an unhealthy mouth may increase our risk of serious health issues, such as heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, inadequately managed diabetes, and anxiety. Regular dentist visits can help elevate the overall health of your mind and body.
Our Approach to Your Best Care
- Digital X-Rays. New patients will begin their cleaning appointment with a series of digital X-rays. These sharp, three-dimensional images allow us to examine parts of your teeth and mouth that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
- Gum Measurements. Healthy gums are the foundation of a healthy mouth. In addition to visually assessing your gum tissue, our hygienist will measure your gums to determine what style of cleaning you need to maintain healthy gums or treat the presence of periodontal (gum) disease.
- Professional Cleaning. Once we’ve determined the style of cleaning you need, our dental hygienist will start by carefully removing plaque buildup on and between your teeth. Your teeth will then be individually polished to lighten stains and give your smile a more radiant sheen.
- Dental Examination. After your teeth have been cleaned, Dr. Trembley will thoroughly examine your teeth, gums, and soft tissue to ensure they are free from decay, periodontal (gum) disease, and oral cancer. Dr. Trembley will then advise preventative at-home routines and any necessary professional treatments you need to keep you and your mouth healthy and happy.